We use advanced equipment and the latest methods in the field of soil and rock mechanics to investigate subsurface conditions and materials; determine the relevant physical/mechanical and chemical properties of these materials; evaluate the stability of natural and man-made slopes; assess risks posed by site conditions and construction activities; design earthworks and shallow/deep foundations. We supervise, inspect and monitor site conditions throughout construction and operations. Our engineers will determine and design the best and most cost effective type of foundation to suit the intended structures; improve soil conditions through advanced non-traditional ground improvement techniques, and provide simple to construct solutions to help guarantee a high
quality job is constructed.
Our engineers and technologists have extensive geotechnical backgrounds and experience in the following areas:
- Geotechnical investigations using traditional and advanced sampling equipment and procedures and on-site soil and rock testing
- Advanced geotechnical laboratory testing and modeling
- Settlement modeling, analysis and monitoring
- Slope stability analysis, design, monitoring slope movements using advanced continuous monitoring equipment that can be accessed remotely
- Retaining wall design using gravity wall systems, mechanical tie-back systems, reinforced soil systems
- Shallow foundation assessments, analysis and design
- Deep foundation analysis, design, testing and inspection of helical screw piles, micro pull down piles, dynamic pile testing of concrete, H section and pipe piles
- Ground improvement design and consultation for construction on or over soft soils
- Engineered fill design, construction recommendations, compaction testing and control for earthwork projects
- pavement structure design based on groundwater conditions and subgrade modules
- Aggregate resource assessments, design; permitting, operation consultation
- Blasting design, pre-blast surveys and blast monitoring
- Waste geotechnic design and inspection for new containment cells and closures for engineered municipal solid waste landfills and closures of old dumps
Typical projects include residential, commercial and industrial building foundation, dams, quarries/ pits, pipelines, highway bridge foundations, power plants, industrial plants and refineries, retention ponds, municipal roads, parking lots, commercial and industrial site development, liquid and solid waste facilities, etc.
Municipal engineering services provided by Brunswick Engineering compliment our geotechnical and civil engineering expertise which allows us to offer streamlined integrated design. Integrated design allows for designs to be functional, feasible and constructible allowing for the municipal design and geotechnical design to be maximized for efficiency.
Brunswick Engineering offers engineering services range from site development, municipal utility servicing design, storm water management, residential subdivisions and street construction. Within the engineering services we offer feasibility and cost estimates, integrated geotechnical and municipal design, detailed modelling and analysis, field condition surveys, long term monitoring, construction contract administration and project management, construction inspection & testing and system commissioning.
Offering services such as:
- Subdivision Design
- Road (Alignment, Structure and Geometrical) Design
- Rezoning & Municipal Plan Amendments
- Stormwater Analysis & Mitigation Design
- Site Development Design Services
- Culvert Design
- Inspection Services
- Stream Gauging and Flow Measurements & Monitoring
- Water Hydrant Flow Testing – Static & Residual Pressures & Flow Rates
- Field Permeability Testing & Analysis for Onsite Waste Water Treatment
Using strategies and technology from our other divisions, Brunswick Engineering is able to provide the following services which are second to none, as our staff have extensive experience and are further complimented with our advanced technology and software.
Offering services such as:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Phase I, II, & III
- Groundwater Monitoring & Sampling
- Landfill Design & Inspection – New Containment Cells, Cell Closures
- Dump Closure Design & Inspection
- Sedimentation Pond Design
- Erosion & Sediment Control Plans for Construction and Post Construction Rehabilitation
- Watercourse Diversion Plans
- Leachate Treatment
- Acid Rock Handling, Mitigating, Treating and Disposal
Brunswick Engineering acts as a single point of contact when it comes to Project Management. We quickly and seamlessly integrates into our client's teams, representing your interests first and foremost. We partner with our clients through all aspects of the project starting with planning and execution and ensure full team integration at all levels. We can manage and carefully plan your project, with a focus on controlling and reducing costs, minimizing risks, and ensuring quality construction.
Municipalities, Provincial Agencies, Real Estate Developers, Energy Companies, Healthcare, and Educational Institutions will be expertly served by our team of dedicated professionals to provide sensible solutions to their complex problems. We recognize that many factors impact project success. As a full service firm, our team can address both expected and unexpected challenges expeditiently to keep your schedule on track.
Our Civil Engineering services address challenges associated with:
- Site Development
- Road & Parking Lot Design
- Storm Water Management, Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Infrastructure Assessments & Maintenance Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Traffic Engineering
Offering services such as:
- Drafting Services
- GIS Integration and Management
- Cost Estimating
- Contract Administration
- Project Supervision & Inspection
- Resource Managing & Allocation